Navy Federal may be right for you if:
- You’ve served in a branch of the U.S. armed forces, on active duty or as a reservist; you’ve worked for the Department of Defense or a DOD contractor; or you have an immediate family member who is eligible for membership
- You want a checking or savings account with no minimum deposit or monthly service fee, and you don’t necessarily need access to a branch
All five Navy Federal checking accounts earn dividends, and you can choose among some solid free and low-cost options.
Bank here? Used to?
Share your experience.
Share your experiences.
NerdWallet's tailored advice, content and tools ensure you're getting more from your money.
Disclaimer: NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. This information may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institution’s Terms and Conditions. Pre-qualified offers are not binding. If you find discrepancies with your credit score or information from your credit report, please contact TransUnion® directly.
- 1 Navy Federal Credit Cards: What You Need to Know
- 2 Compare Navy Federal Credit Union Credit Card with Alternatives
- 2.1 Navy Federal Credit Union Credit Card Alternatives
- 2.2 Other Alternatives to NAVY Cards:
- 2.3 Please complete the security check to access bestcompany.com
- 2.4 Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?
- 2.5 What can I do to prevent this in the future?
- 3 Navy Federal Credit Union vs PenFed
With more than 5 million members, Navy Federal Credit Union is one of the most visible credit unions in the U.S. Launched in 1933, it caters to men and women who’ve served in the armed forces, Department of Defense, Coast Guard or National Guard. Whether you’ve left the military, switched employers, retired or moved, Navy Federal says it stands by the motto, “Once a member, always a member.” Navy Federal offers a wide range of credit cards, which you’ll want to use wisely to avoid high interest or debt. Keep in mind the right credit card for you will vary by how you spend. Here’s how to choose one, along with an overview of the various credit cards Navy Federal offers.
When applying for a credit card, it’s good to have done your homework beforehand. Navy Federal offers five different cards, several of which are cards that offer cash back , no annual fees or low interest rates.
If you like to travel, a travel rewards card , which offers perks on airline miles, checked bags and room upgrades, may be a better fit than what Navy Federal offers. Just remember to spend wisely so you don’t lose your hard-earned rewards to high interest or debt. If saving on everyday purchases is a bigger priority, you can opt for a cash back credit card like those offered by Navy Federal. These cards reward spending on regular items like gas, restaurants and retail. If your credit is poor, a secured credit card, which requires a cash deposit that serves as your credit line, may be the better option for rebuilding your credit. (You can view two of your credit scores for free on Credit.com.)
Now that we’ve explained what Navy Federal offers, read on for our reviews, based on perks and overall terms. For full details on each card, please see the card agreements.
Card Highlights: Cash back can be redeemed once you’ve earned it.
Rewards Details: Cardholders earn 1.5% cash back for every dollar spent. There are no monthly or annual caps on cash back rewards.
Annual Fee: None
APR: Variable 10.9% to 18%
Card Highlights: This card gives great rewards for everyday purchases.
Rewards Details: Cardmembers earn three points at restaurants, two points on gas, and one point on everything else. Points can be redeemed for gift cards, travel-related awards and merchandise. There are no monthly or annual caps on cash back rewards.
Annual Fee: None
APR: Variable 10.24% to 18%
Card Highlights: This card offers serious rewards for frequent card swipers.
Rewards Details: Cardholders earn two points for every dollar spent, period. There is no limit to how many points you can earn, and points never expire.
APR: Variable 11.24% to 18%
Card Highlights: This card offers a low interest rate and comes in Visa and MasterCard versions.
Rewards Details: Cardmembers can earn statement credits through Member Mall.
Annual Fee: None
APR: Variable 7.24% to 18%
Card Highlights: This secured credit card is ideal for those looking to build or repair their credit and comes in Visa and MasterCard versions.
Rewards Details: Cardmembers earn one point for every dollar spent on purchases, which can be redeemed for gift cards, cash, and merchandise.
Annual Fee: None
APR: Variable 10.24% to 18%
Note: It’s important to remember that interest rates, fees and terms for credit cards, loans and other financial products frequently change. As a result, rates, fees and terms for credit cards, loans and other financial products cited in these articles may have changed since the date of publication. Please be sure to verify current rates, fees and terms with credit card issuers, banks or other financial institutions directly.
Comments on articles and responses to those comments are not provided or commissioned by a bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by a bank advertiser. It is not a bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Please note that our comments are moderated, so it may take a little time before you see them on the page. Thanks for your patience.
Credit-Land.com is an independent, advertising-supported web site. Credit-Land.com receives compensation from most credit card issuers whose offers appear on our site. Compensation from our advertising partners impacts how and where their products appear on our site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within review lists. Credit-Land.com has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace.
The Navy Federal Credit Union is a military credit union whose vision statement is to “Be the most preferred and trusted financial institution serving the military and their families.” Navy Federal originally began in 1933 as the Navy Department Employees Credit Union of the District of Columbia. Since then, the credit union has exponentially grown, gaining millions of additional members and opening hundreds of additional branches. In addition to all the growth within the company, the Nave Federal Credit Union has also improved and expanded all their credit options as well.
we do not currently offer
Other Alternatives to NAVY Cards:
- Find the card that’s right for you without affecting your credit score.
- Show off your personality by selecting from a variety of card designs, a fee may apply.
- Get 1% cash back rewards on eligible purchases including gas, groceries, and services such as mobile phone, internet, cable and satellite TV, terms apply.
- Set up custom email or text alerts so you'll always be aware of your payment due date, when your payment posts, or if your available credit runs low.
- Don’t get stuck with a payment date that doesn’t work with your schedule. Credit One Bank allows you to choose your monthly payment due date. Terms apply.
- Take advantage of free online access to your Experian credit score and credit report summary so you can track the key factors impacting your credit health. Terms apply.
- As you build a positive credit history, you'll earn more credit line increase opportunities. A fee may apply.
- Know you’re protected from unauthorized charges with Zero Fraud Liability—included with every Credit One Bank account.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
- Earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day and pay no annual fee
- New! Earn 10 miles per dollar on hotels when you pay with your VentureOne card at hotels.com/venture; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Enjoy a low intro APR on purchases for 12 months; 13.24%-23.24% variable APR after that
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- No foreign transaction fees
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Use your QuicksilverOne card and get 50% back as a statement credit on your monthly Spotify Premium subscription, now through April 2018
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Fraud coverage if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Use online banking to access your account, even from your smartphone, with our mobile app
- Help strengthen your credit for the future with responsible card use
- Find out if you Pre-Qualify without harming your credit score
- Eligible purchases earn 1% cash back rewards automatically, terms apply
- Get a credit line between $300 and $3,000 based on your credit history
- Looking for more credit? Get credit line increase opportunities, a fee may apply
- Choose your monthly payment due date for added convenience, terms apply
- With $0 Fraud Liability, you won’t be responsible for unauthorized charges
- Manage your account on-the-go with the Credit One Bank mobile app
- Looking to rebuild credit? We report to the major credit bureaus monthly
- View your Experian credit score online for free, terms apply
- We'll match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year. For example, if you earn 30,000 Miles, you get 60,000 Miles.
- Unlimited 1.5x Miles per dollar on all purchases, every day, with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates - fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Receive FREE Social Security number alerts-Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- No Annual Fee.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Discover Match® details & other information.
- Must have Active Debit Card or Credit Card to qualify.
- $500 Credit Limit.
- No Credit Check.
- No Employment Check.
- Reports to a Major Credit Bureau.
- Fast Online Application.
- Bad Credit accepted.
- Applying is quick and easy with our fast decision process
- Less than perfect credit is okay
- 24/7 access to your account information, even on mobile
- Card designs to fit your personality at no extra charge
- Account history is reported to the three major credit bureaus in the U.S.
- *Dependent on credit worthiness
- No Annual Fee. See WebBank/Fingerhut Credit Account Terms.
- No Over Limit Fee. See WebBank/Fingerhut Credit Account Terms.
- Instant Response (Delays may occur depending on application data provided).
- Apply for a WebBank/Fingerhut Credit Account today. Fill out our easy online application.
- Low Monthly Payments if you apply and are accepted for a Fingerhut Credit Account issued by WebBank, who determines eligibility and qualifications for the terms of the credit.
- Choose From Over 450,000 items.
- Shop Great Brands at Fingerhut.com.
- Get the Credit You Deserve.
- We just love saying "YES!"
There are currently five Navy Federal Credit Union credit card options available. These credit cards include the cashRewards card, GO Rewards card, Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card, Platinum card and the nRewards secured card. Some of these cards allow you to earn reward points on purchases, while others focus on cashback and providing low interest rates. Each of the cards offered by Navy Federal, except for the Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card, come with no annual fee. The Visa Signature card includes an annual fee of $49.
The GO Rewards card, Flagship Rewards and nRewards Secured card allow you to earn reward points on the purchases you make. The GO Rewards card allows you to earn 3 points per $1 spent at restaurants, 2 points on gas and 1 point on everything else. The Flagship Rewards card allows you to earn two points per $1 spent on net purchases. The points earned with both cards can be redeemed for cash, travel, gift cards and merchandise. The nRewards card allows you to earn 1 point per $1 spent and points can be redeemed on gift cards and merchandise.
The cash rewards card allows you to earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Cash back rewards can be immediately redeemed as soon as they’re earned. The Platinum card offered by the Navy Credit Union has the best interest rate out of all their cards. This card includes a variable a variable APR that ranges between 6.74% and 18.0%. All the Navy Federal credit card options available come with no balance transfer fees, no cash advance fees and no foreign transaction fees.
To be eligible for any of the Navy Federal Credit Union cards that are available, you are required to have a military background or at least an immediate family member who is already a member of the NFCU. If you are not in the military or none of the NFCU credit cards seem appealing, one of these cards might be a better option for you.
Please complete the security check to access bestcompany.com
Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?
Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.
What can I do to prevent this in the future?
If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.
If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 400e46f5d00d274a • Your IP : 2a02:c207:2008:7822::1 • Performance & security by Cloudflare
- 0 ISSUES RESOLVED
- 121 TOTAL REVIEWS
- $220K CLAIMED LOSSES
- $7.8K AVERAGE LOSS
- Interest rates 2
- Interest rate 2
- When i joined they refinanced 3 auto loans for me 1
- Rihanna was helpful 1
- Local branch 1
- Customer service 7
- Unable to speak to anyone 3
- Wasting my time 1
- Leading me on 1
- Lack of professionalism by loan officer 1
- 0 ISSUES RESOLVED
- 1 TOTAL REVIEWS
Not enough votes to show an average rating
A company's rating is calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in its profile. The algorithm parameters are: users' rating, number of resolved issues, number of company's responses etc. The algorithm is subject to change in future.